Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We Reminisce: Glen Rice


So this is something new to the blog that Josh and I call "We Reminisce." It will be a post of basketball-related people, events, and fads that have caught our attention through our lives, or something we would just like to reflect on. First up for me: Glen Rice

Before Mike, before Kobe, before KD, Glen Rice was my first favorite player in the NBA. The man shot the lights out. To be honest I think it wasn't his game that made him appealing to me, but rather the jersey (Turquoise and pin stripes, too legit) he wore. I never got a chance to watch him play as a Heat, but I remember him the most as a Hornet and a Laker. Every Tuesday or Thursday I remember him playing either on TBS or TNT and he was always stroking. When I played NBA Live 98, the Hornets were my team. I will always remember when he was traded to the Lakers for Eddie Jones. He became the 3rd scorer behind Shaq and Kobe, and it began the dynasty that I loved during my childhood. Like most of the star scorers of the 90s however, Rice played for a couple bad teams after the Lakers and his career came to a close due to injuries. His son currently plays for Georgia Tech and yeah, Glen Rice, one of my basketball idols, respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment