Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank You


Josh and I would just like to take this time to thank the people who actually follow us and even thank those who just decided to click and check out the blog once. Thank you, we appreciate it and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the food and enjoy family. We should all be thankful for the life we are blessed with, the good and the bad, and I know I've said it before, but never take anything for granted, and appreciate the company of loved ones. That is something I am truly thankful for.

Also on a side note, even though I said I wouldn't post anything till after I was done with my college apps, procrastination kicks in and there were just some things I had to write about. First starting with these guys:
This is the 2010-2011 UConn Huskies men's basketball team, my new favorite team for the collegiate season. This team is dope. Three guys on this team really stand out to me, first Alex Oriakhi, he's a beast in the paint, he's everything Jeff Adrien should've been, and he's improved a lot since last year. Shabazz Napier is the team's back-up point guard but he is super quick and fun to watch and he's only a Freshman. Lastly, freaking Kemba Walker. I remember last year there was a game at MSG where he and John Wall were going back and forth at each other and I really respected his game after that night. A year later, Kemba's game is way better (30+ in 3 straight games, and 29 last night). His jumper is super efficient now and I always talk about that killer mentality that only certain players have, but it's rare, and he has that. He's a score-first point guard but super effective at creating for his teammates with that mentality and it's a thrill to watch. It must be the shoes. The season has just begun though, but I hope these guys continue to play well.

Lastly, Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" came out on Monday and it is "fucking ridiculous," or simply put amazing. Yes the man is an asshole, but he is a musical genius. This to me is his second best album behind his first. If you haven't bought it yet, you might want to.

"Things used to be, now they not
Anything but us is who we are
Disguising ourselves as secret lovers
We’ve become public enemies
We walk away like strangers in the street
Gon for eternity
We erased one another
So far from where we came
With so much of everything, how do we leave with nothing
Lack of visual empathy equates the meaning of L-O-V-E
Hatred and attitude tear us entirely"
-Mr. West

Ok, I am officially gone till December 1st or later. I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving. Peace, love, and l'chaim, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment