Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just Blaze



Is it really over..? If you know me, you would know that I love Brandon Roy. Brandon Roy has been and will always be one of my favorite players ever. I was a little heartbroken when I heard the news of his retirement. I've been watching him since he first entered the league. The first time I watched him play was in his second game of his NBA career - against the Warriors. He only had 19 points that game, but to me it seemed like he just kept scoring and scoring. My favorite game that I watched of him was when he hit that game winner in Houston in overtime. I remember watching it and going crazy because Yao Ming had just got an and-1 on the play before and there was only 0.8 seconds left. Following a Blazers' timeout, Roy launched a shot from about 35 feet and hit it - nothing but net. I remember being really happy when he made his first all-star game too. It breaks my heart that I won't be able to watch him anymore or play with him in that NBA 2K ish anymore either. Brandon Roy wasn't just amazing on the court, but an amazing person off the court as well.  If you follow Brandon, you'd know that he is a very humble person. Despite the adversity he faced in his short (but unforgettable) career, he always worked hard and it's just sad to see that his career is ending the way it is.  But... I guess that's just how life is sometimes. Thanks though. Thanks for the memories, Brandon Roy.



I know I'm a little late with this Brandon Roy retirement stuff, but I'm on that finals grind right now. Just an update though... but season previews should be coming out soon-ish? After finals? Anson's gonna be in the mother land till post-Christmas. Stay tuned though and thanks for reading. I really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment