Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life Is a Struggle

The following post is dedicated to Coach Mike Gragnani.

First week back from winter break, and...let's just say it's been a long two days so far. I already feel like I'm behind in school in someway, even though I'm not. The weather has been absolute crap too. Way too cold. How often are you indoors and see your breath? Really now? I'm thinking that if it's gonna be this cold, could it at least snow? Snow's always fun. But whatever, I guess. School makes everything in my life that much more stressful. I know I should appreciate the fact that I even get to go to school though. A lot of people would kill to go to school everyday to get their edumacation on. Even with that in mind, I still feel that spring break needs to hurry up and come already. (That's what she said?) First game of the season's been postponed to Friday. Wanna play tomorrow though. I kinda really miss summer time, chilling without any worries. Just basketball and chill time. I wish summer was a lot closer than it is, but life's a struggle and I just gotta deal with it.

Anyone else thinking it's too cold?
Basketball is more than just a game.

Bout to get lightweight deep. Just saying.

I've learned a lot of things from the game of basketball. Knowledge that's applicable for not only things on the court, but off the court as well. In life, there's a lot of setbacks and adversity. A lot of the things that we face and experience, are beyond our control. No matter what happens, you still have to get back up from it and just cope. It's about ups and downs. Same with basketball, you can never give up. Just because things aren't exactly going your way during the course of a game, doesn't mean that you just give up and quit. You can't give up when life gets tough. That's one of the many things that I've learned from Coach Mike. He always said the only thing that you can do wrong is not trying your hardest and giving it your 100%.

Basketball is much, much more than just a game.

R.I.P. Coach Mike Gragnani, you're forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment